Computer security is becoming more important due to increased reliance on computer systems connected to the Internet and wireless network standards such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Also with the growth of smart devices, including smartphones, televisions, and the various Internet of Things (IOT) devices protection of digital assets has become more important.
As a basis the following actions should be done as minimum to protect you and your data
Set strong and unique passwords on all your home devices and online accounts.
- Remember, when you first buy a new device, change the factory set identification name and default password including any networked devices .
Secure your devices and online accounts.
- Turn on automatic software updates to ensure your devices are covered by the latest security protection.
- Install antivirus software where possible and backup devices to protect important information, photos and data.
- Always download apps from an official app store such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play for Android. Turn on automatic app updates for the latest security protection. .
Search online and use social media safely.
- Choose what information you want to share. In settings do a privacy check on your devices, browsers, social media and other apps.
- Think about the information you share online. It can be used to obtain passwords or steal your identity.
- Never click on suspicious or unknown links in emails, SMS or social media messages.